With the format “BGV Feature” we would like to introduce you to the different groups in the house. For this purpose, we have formulated questions related to the Berlin Global Village. Today we start with the introduction of Ventao.
What do you do? What are your fields of activity?
ventao is a quality and interest group in the field of international voluntary service (weltwärts programme). We advise our member organisations in the North-South and South-North exchange sector on various topics, organise trainings, facilitate networking and represent interests towards other actors (e.g. BMZ and Engagement Global).
Maybe your organisation is interested in becoming a placement site for a volunteer from a country in the so-called Global South? Or does your organisation know a partner organisation in a country in the so-called Global South that is interested in Global Learning and would like to host a weltwärts volunteer to support their activities? Then get in touch with us!
What is your favourite place in the centre?
At BGV we especially like: the roof terrace, meeting room, event rooms and our workspace in the Open Space on the 1st floor.
Is your work influenced by being at BGV?
Our work is influenced on different levels by our presence in BGV.
- through nice neighbours we meet in the hallway/kitchen/terrace/open space, hear about each other, have nice chats during breaks
- through new forms of cooperation that arise. For one event we found a facilitator and translator in-house and it was great!
- We receive delicious fair trade coffee from our neighbours.
- we are excited to get more neighbours (from other floors) and to get more inspiration on a working and human level.
- we meet new challenges with new neighbours in Open Space from communication to volume and dealing with Covid to kitchen design and are excited about our self-organisation.
What do you associate with Berlin Global Village as a centre?
Exchange, neighbourhood, diversity, together, trying things out, diversity, know-how